Thursday, May 25, 2006

Enhancing the Essential Connection

In my last post I mentioned the importance of having time alone and I realised that once I took time off of the treadmill to relax and just enjoy the present moment, without my mind fastforwarding to the future, ideas and solutions to problems begun to rise to the surface. A natural sifting process took place as priorities began to rise to the surface (and they were not the ones I thought they "ought" to be!)

I realised the areas in which I was truly wasting time (watching TV mindlessly; being with people who were draining me, doing things that I didn't want to do but felt that I had to do - a perennial favourite of mine) and when I wasn't.

Using my emotions as my guidance system, I also realised that I felt energised when doing stuff that made my heart sing and sluggish when I was wasting time. (Your body is such a fantastic conduit of knowledge and signpost!). I also began letting go of activities where I was wasting time and energy

I began to look at my energy and see where it was leaking out and diminishing me and my ability to be joyous, creative and productive. As I went through that process I started to create more time.

It's a paradox, but the best way to have more time is to give yourself more time to be, ponder and relax because it then becomes really clear what is actually important to you. Whole swathes of activity and "stuff" can be let go of once you realise what your priorities truly are.

Make time for yourself and time will make way for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home